Say it with me, "Plantar Fasciitis. Plantar fasciitis occurs when the plantar fascia is overly stretched. A number of factors can contribute to this. It is more common in women (of course), and you're more likely to have this condition as you age or if you are...
- Are overweight.
- Take up a new form of exercise or suddenly increase the intensity of your exercise.
- Are on your feet for several hours each day.
- Have other medical conditions, such as rheumatoid arthritis or lupus (systemic lupus erythematosus).
- Tend to wear high-heeled shoes, and then switch abruptly to flat shoes.
- Wear shoes that are worn out, with weak arch supports and thin soles.
- Have flat feet or an unusually high arch.
- Have legs of uneven lengths or an abnormal walk or foot position.
- Have tight achilles tendons, or "heel cords."
TODAY'S EPIC EVENTS
- I got a package in the mail from my wife containing my new iPod loaded with a special Fitness Ridge Playlist she made!
- I reached a new speed and level on the bike during Cardio (18 mph / Level 15)
- Chocolate covered strawberries...nothing more to be said.
YOU KNOW YOU ARE AT THE BIGGEST LOSER RESORT WHEN....
- Cherry flavored GasX sounds like a tempting midnight snack.
- You find yourself hoarding almonds, apples, bananas, or all three just in case you get hungry.
- The contents of your make-up drawer now consist of duct-tape, Glide, Boudreaux's Butt Paste, Band-Aids, Neosporin, and Biofreeze/IcyHot.
- On your way to lunch you pass at least 5 people wearing a silver version of the Hugh Hefner robe.
- You demand to see the Chef because you're certain that the girl next to got a larger piece of dessert.
- It's 58 degrees, your given the choice of Mountain Class or swimming...you run to get your bathing suit.
- A fight breaks out in the dining hall over a bottle of Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce.
- You ask, "What's that smell, " and realize it's you.
- At least once a day you hear, "Ohhh, I like your stretch pants!" or "What kind of bra are you wearing?!"